Sunday, February 12, 2012

We finally made the Switch!

I believe I have a post somewhere about why I switched to cloth diapers when Gabriel was 6 months old. Anyway, I never considered using cloth butt wipes as well until some months ago. I did some research, contemplated, but ultimately chickened out :( Now, at 16 1/2 months, we have finally made the switch to cloth wipes, as well! I just got so tired of wasting the disposable wipes (too many would come out at once, Gabriel would get a hold of the package and start trying to eat the wipes, etc-etc.) and knowing that they weren't supposed to go down the toilet but often that is what ended up happening when I rinsed the diapers.

It feels so nice to know that now, not only does Gabriel have comfy, natural diapers on his tushie, but no more chemically disposable wipes, either!

For wipes, we are using a combination of cut-up 100% cotton flannel blankets and cotton wash cloths. As for solution, we use 2 cups water, 1tsp virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp baby wash and since he has a yeast diaper rash, I added a few drops of tea tree oil. 

I love the feeling I get after cleaning and organizing his diapers :) (maybe because it's one of the few things I have control over in my crazy life).

No comments:

Post a Comment