Saturday, February 11, 2012

A hodge-podge Post

Well, I meant to blog about our trip to Grandma and Grandpa's last week but just now got the pictures uploaded. My hubby and I went to Des Moines to celebrate his 21st birthday! We got crazy, like Olive Garden crazy! Hey, for us it was pretty exciting, we don't drink. I got a yummy berry sangrias and Jaime got a mango martini- both were DELICIOUS! We were both really nervous because we did not know what we would/wouldn't like. I am very picky and don't like drinks that actually "taste" like alcohol- like a Smirnoff is the strongest I go. We were both very pleased with our drinks and meals; it was a great night. He almost cancelled celebrating because we are trying to conserve money, luckily we had an Olive Garden gift card!! Saturday night (we went out Sunday but came down Saturday night to get more grandma and grandpa time) Gabe and I had fun with my parents while Jaime spent some time with his dad. It was really nice being "home," especially since my mom was in a baking mood (monkey bread, chocolate-peanutbutter bars, and this cherry streusel thing)!

Trying to sweet-talk Uncle Nick into feeding him.

Playing with Ash's cat toy (he loved that thing). 

Talking to Sydney

Also, early Saturday morning, before heading to Des Moines and while daddy was still sleeping, Gabe and I went outside to check out the snow :) This is only the 2nd time he's been in the snow, they 1st time he's really played in it. He had a blast, though we only stayed out for maybe 20 minutes because it was so cold! 






No comments:

Post a Comment