Friday, October 21, 2011

I Finally Did It

Considering I have a 7 page paper due in a week, 2 midterms to study for, and my "regular" readings to do, I probably should have spent my afternoon studying, right? But did I do that? No! I ORGANIZED! And it felt soo good :) My son's room has been needing a tidy-up for awhile now but it kept getting pushed down on the list of To-Do's.


When my husband got off from work I sent him and Gabriel off to the Bookmobile that visits our apartments every Friday and got to work cleaning and organizing Gabriel's room. Usually I do my cleaning after he has gone to bed, unfortunately this doesn't work well for his room (because he happens to be sleeping in the crib and I'm not a stealthy ninja). I wish I had thought to take a before picture so you could fully appreciate how beautiful the current state-of-room is. This is what I accomplished in my 45 minutes while Gabe and husband were away:


  • Organize closet (hang all onsies, mate socks, etc.)
  • Arrange items on changing table (diapers, towels, bibs, etc.)
  • Vacuum
  • Fresh crib sheet
  • Put toys away
  • Lay out bedtime stuff
  • Search entire room for missing teething medicine
  • Vacuum living room
  • Put toys in living room away
  • Start a load of laundy





It is AMAZING what a mom can accomplish in 45 minutes she has the house to herself! Even though I know by 10am tomorrow nobody will be able to tell all I accomplished, it still feels great.

And while my wonderful husband was feeding Gabriel I switched the laundry and made the grown-ups diner (nothing fancy, just some hamburger helper). Probably the most successful Friday night I've had in a long time. And the best part? I got to spend quality time with my son for a few hours before hubby got home! After a week of trying I finally captured him walking on my video camera!!! He's getting too big!



No comments:

Post a Comment